Butt Fused Joints
- HDPE pipe can be butt fused together to form a joint that is as strong as or stronger than the pipe itself and is leak free.
- This eliminates the potential leak points every 10-20 feet as found with PVC and Ductile Iron bell and spigot connections.
- The Life Cycle Cost of HDPE pipe differs from other pipe materials because the “allowable water leakage” is zero rather than typical leakage rates of 10 to 20% for PVC and Ductile Iron.
- HDPE pipe fused joints are self restraining and costly thrust re strains or thrust blocks are not required.
- HDPE pipe’s butt fused joints simply do not leak, eliminating inﬁltration and ex filtration problems experienced with alternate pipe joints.
Flexible and Fatigue Resistant
- HDPE pipe can be bent to a radius 25 times the nominal pipe diameter (Example: 315mm HDPE can be cold formed in the ﬁeld to a 25 ft radius). This can eliminate many ﬁttings required for directional changes in a piping system where ﬁttings and thrust blocks or restraints are required with altemate materials.
- The ﬂexibility of HDPE pressure pipe makes it well suited for dynamic soils including areas prone to earthquake.
- HDPE pressure pipe can accept repetitive pressure surges that signiﬁcantly exceed the static pressure rating of the pipe.